drizzle extra virgin olive oil
basil, to taste
oregano, to taste
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar Dough:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg replacer (I used 1 tablespoon milled flax seed + 3 tablespoons warm water)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3-5 tablespoons water Filling:
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cups cremini, portobello, and shitake mushroom mixture, chopped
4 tablespoons tamari
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
pepper, to taste
1/2 (14 ounce) block firm tofu, cubed
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast

What you do: 

1. Begin by marinating the tomatoes, with the olive oil, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper, and vinegar. Mix together to ensure even coating, let stand at room temperature until serving time. For the dough, mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk the egg replacer, oil, and water.
2. Make a well in the flour and slowly mix in the wet ingredients. Mix well and then continue to knead the dough on a flat, well-floured work surface for about 10 minutes. Once fully kneaded, wrap in plastic bag and let rest in fridge for 30 minutes to let the gluten "rest."
3. For filling, get a medium saute pan and add the garlic to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, and heat over medium-low heat until the garlic begins to brown. Add the mushrooms, let heat for about 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon tamari, and 1 minute later add the wine. Saute until most of the wine is cooked off, or the mushrooms are very soft. Add chopped/dried basil and oregano and ground pepper, let stand.
4. Place tofu into a food processor or blender and add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2-3 tablespoons tamari, and nutritional yeast. Pulse this mixture until tofu begins to get very smooth and creamy. If you have any wine left in the saute pan from the mushrooms, add this to the tofu. Season the mixture to your liking. Set aside. Boil large pot of water for ravioli.
5. Begin to roll out the dough on a floured space, roll thinly and cut out the shape you would like your ravioli to be. I used a large circle about 6" in diameter and folded one side over. Add a spoonful of the tofu mixture and then top with the mushrooms, fold the top of the ravioli over and press the sides down with a fork to make a pleated edge. Be careful not to overfill the ravioli or the filling may gush out of the sides making a bit of a mess.
6. Now, place the raviolis in the boiling water; they will rise to the top of the water when they are cooked, so be sure not to overcrowd the pot. Cook about 5 at a time. Use a strainer spoon to retrieve the raviolis. Plate the ravioli and garnish with the marinated tomatoes and fresh basil.
Enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
2-3
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Yummy, these came out so good.  Thank you for sharing  :D

0 likes

The olive oil, egg substitute, and water amounts do not seem like enough liquid to make dough with 1.5 cups of flour. I'm making this right now and the "dough" is still flour-like.

0 likes

I am in love with this recipe. I made them tonight (with my own sauce) and they were beyond my expectations. I made tortellini instead of ravioli, which was really tasty but took FOREVER to form them. And I had a ton of leftover mushrooms as a result so I just added it to a marinara sauce and put some on the side as well. Very yummy. Next time to cut back on time I might just make raviolis with the cheesy filling and use the mushrooms in a sauce again. Thanks for this recipe!!

0 likes

This is my first review but I just made the raviolis other night for my nonvegan family and they looooved them. I didn't prepare the marinated tomatoes but created some homemade pasta sauce. Amazing!

0 likes

This ravioli is amazing! Both hubby and I have a sensitivity to fresh/whole tomatoes so I bought a delicious marinara sauce for this and it was heavenly!

Ravioli is something I have desperately missed since I went vegan and this is the perfect vegan ravioli. Absolutely delish.

0 likes

I used the dough part of this recipe and it's very good. I did this for a filling: 1 box tofu crumbled and mixed with 1 box of thawed spinach (10oz), and nutritional yeast/salt/pepper/red pepper flakes/herbs/garlic to taste. Then for the sauce I made pesto... very nummy.

0 likes

Wild Mushroom ravioli topped with bell pepper and roasted garlic tapenade.

0 likes