1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
3-4 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
4 cups vegetable broth
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cooked or 1 can drained, rinsed white beans (e.g. navy or Great Northern)
1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup dry "Dragonfly’s Bulk, Dry, Uncheese Mix” on VegWeb

What you do: 

Sauté the onion, carrot, and celery in oil in the bottom of a large pot until the onion is translucent. Add the broccoli, vegetable broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10-20 minutes until broccoli is tender.
Meanwhile, put the beans, dry Uncheese mix, flour, and soymilk into a blender and blend until smooth.
When the soup is done simmering, add the mixture from the blender to the soup pot.
Remove bay leaf.
Use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend the soup until it is as smooth as you want it to be.
Gently heat the soup until it thickens slightly and enjoy!
This recipe is really flexible. I sort of made it up when I had lots of broccoli, cooked white beans, and some Dragonfly’s Bulk Uncheese in the fridge. You can play with all the measurements to get the consistency you like. I think asparagus might be a good substitute for the broccoli and I may try using silken tofu in place of the beans.

Preparation Time: 
30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
8-10
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was alright... but i didn't use the bay leaf (i didn't have any)... maybe that was the deal breaker? i seasoned with my lover creole instead :P

0 likes

YUM!  This just may be the best "creamed" soup that I have ever made.  It was so easy too.  I did not bother to blend up the soymilk, beans, and uncheese mix seperate - I just zapped the whole pot with my immersion blender after the broccoli was done cooking.  So thick and creamy!  I like a little texture in my soup so after I blended it I threw in a few handfuls of broccoli and let it simmer for a bit.  I used frozen broccoli which help cut down on prep and cooking time.  Make this recipe!!!  ;D

0 likes