3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
dash cinnamon, optional
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
extra sugar or sprinkles, optional

What you do: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly grease a cookie sheet. In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
3. Roll dough out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Sprinkle with sugar or sprinkles, if desired. Bake in oven on prepared cookie sheet for about 10-12 minutes.

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

these cookies are amazing!! i just added a bit of hemp milk and brown sugar(didn't have that much sugar left)

0 likes

These were delicious! I made these to take into work as a Halloween treat and everyone loved them. I added a lot of cinnamon to it so I had to add some soymilk to moisten it a bit, but they still came out great.

0 likes

these were kind of rustic, and similar to shortbread. i have to admit i subbed mashed banana for the applesauce, and they were really good. everyone ate them up so quickly! next time i will follow the recipe and use applesauce just because i'm curious, but it is good to know this recipe will work when i lack ingredients.

0 likes

Don't do what I did! After reading other's comments, I tried using:

1/2 cup applesauce

1/4 cup oil

1/4 cup soy milk

and the final outcome was something that can only be described as a mix between a pancake & a biscuit... it's a blob =P It was yummy with jam, but definitely not what you want if you're trying to make sugar cookies!

0 likes

these tasted great....however, they were super crumbly and no fun to roll out. I will again and try adding soymilk like others suggested. I feel like this could work, but it just needs a bit of tweeking.

0 likes

I doubled the applesauce and these were AWESOME.  I didn't bother rolling them out, so we had cookies that looked like biscuits.  Still awesome.  Event the meat eaters like them. 

0 likes

These were the best sugar cookies! ever!!!! I added a little bit of soymilk cuz it was just a little dry for me. So good =) Thank you!!!

0 likes

Made these into Christmas trees and candy canes. I used coconut oil, vanilla bean powder, whole wheat flour, added a tiny drizzle of almond extract, and skipped the cinnamon... super good! Got an "approval" of my omni family, too!

The dough did come out a bit crumbly and hard to work with, I think next time I'll add a flax egg to bind them. They weren't crumbly once baked, though. They were slightly soft (I've had problems with sugar cookies coming out hard and crunchy). Be sure that your ingredients are room temperature or they might come out hard. Will make these again!

0 likes

super tasty, easy to make and a lot of fun! I add just a bit of orange zest the second time around and it was awesome!

0 likes

I made these cookies and they turned out great! I didnt sift my flour, so my dough turned out a bit dry. I added about 1/4 cup of vanilla soy milk and it gave the dough a perfect consistency. If your looking for a good sugar cookie recipe this is it :)

0 likes

Pages