You are here

Member since November 2006

Fast Baked Ziti

What you need: 

1 box large noodles (bow tie, rigatoni, penne, etc.- all work well)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook noodles according to instructions.
In a 13x9 casserole dish, mix 1 jar spaghetti sauce with cooked noodles.
Sprinkle on top oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic (whatever Italian spices you prefer - I make this blend myself and this is what I usually use for Italian seasoning).
Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes.
Uncover, sprinkle 2 cup shredded vegan cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes uncovered.
Serve.
(I usually serve this with bread, salad, and some kind of fruit to make up for its somewhat lacking nutritional content. Use whole-wheat noodles if you prefer them, but they do have a somewhat tougher texture.)

Preparation Time: 
40 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
3-5
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Was simply amazing just started being vegetarian and must say the transition is easier than i thought as long as i prep my meals in advance lol

0 likes

Well I must say this was YUMMY!!!!! I made this for dinner tonight, its pouring rain here in sacramento, ca so i needed some MAJOR comfort food!!! Instead of zucchini though i added some homemade pesto to the cheese mixture and it was so amazing!!! Great spice blend you suggested also!!!

Fantastic all the way around........THANKS  ;)b

erin~

0 likes

This is a very good base recipe.  My family has used it many times now.  I usually add tons of garlic, and veggies like yellow squash, asparagus, and carrots.  The squash and asparagus can go in raw, but the carrots should be slightly cooked. 

Thanks! :)

0 likes