1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
12-14 medium size red skin potatoes, halved
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
1/2 cup vegan margarine, cubed (I used Willow Run soy margarine
1 cup nondairy milk (I use soy)

What you do: 

1. Boil a large pot of water. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut very tip off garlic head, and place garlic on top of a cookie sheet; drizzle olive oil and salt, and place in oven.
2. Place potatoes in boiling water. Cooking time for both potatoes and garlic is 30-40 minutes. When a small knife is poked into potato and it slides off without any force or shake, the potatoes are ready.
3. Take the garlic out of the oven, and set it aside to rest. Pour the potatoes out onto a colander to fully drain out all the water. Place the potatoes back into the pot and turn the heat back up to medium-high until you no longer hear any sounds, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Squeeze the garlic out of its skin, and place the garlics into the pot with the potatoes; start mashing. Mash to your liking (silky smooth, with little lumps, or with bite size chunks).
5. Add salt, black pepper, margarine, and milk. Fold into potatoes until equally incorporated. Scoop out onto a serving dish. Serve and enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
50-60 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
8-10

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was YummmmY!!  ;)b

Thanks!

0 likes

These potatoes were one of the easiest parts of this Thanksgiving and one of my favorites.

0 likes

I just made this to bring over to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I sneaked in a taste and it was delish.  I can't wait.

0 likes

yummy...

0 likes

Great mashed potatoes! I used 5-6 medium potatoes (for 3 people), and the head of garlic was the perfect amount! I added lots of soy milk, some EB, and lots of s and p. I just squeezed and pushed the garlic out. : )

0 likes

i made this today.. sooo good, and the taste of garlic was great  ;)

0 likes

By "one whole bulk of garlic"  so you mean one entire bulb (with many little cloves)?

0 likes

This time around I added vegan chedder cheese on top and put it under the boiler to melt the cheese. Creamy and garlicy. Great with or without the cheese.

0 likes