1 teaspoon cumin
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 dried shiitake mushrooms
1 1/2 cups green peas
1 1/2 cups broccoli
4 tablespoons miso paste, divided

What you do: 

1. Heat the oil and saute the onions about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and saute about 2-3 more minutes over low heat. Add water and turn heat to medium.
2. Add ginger, cumin, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Add mushrooms, and simmer covered for 5 minutes to bring out the juices of the ginger and garlic and good stuff.
3. Add the broccoli and peas, and simmer until veggies are done to your liking, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Scoop some of the broth into a bowl and dissolve 1 tablespoon miso per serving into the broth, and mix.
I like to make a big pot and keep it in the fridge and reheat as needed. It's easy; all you have to do is add the miso, and it keeps well. You can serve over rice or if you want some extra protein, and sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top.It really gives your immune system a kick!

Preparation Time: 
30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
4-6
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

One of the best soup I've ever had!! I put half of the miso paste and half of the soya sauce and it was just salty enough. I mixed green peas and edamame and broccoli and brussel sprout and as I love noodles, I put a little bit of rice noodles. It was thick and flavorful, a meal in itself and I loved it!

0 likes

I have made this a couple of times and love it!  My first experience with Miso.  I plan on making it again!  Great recipe!  ;)b

0 likes

Mmmmm, this was yummy.  The flavors were great and it's a very versatile- I used veggies I had and added some rice vinegar. I also threw in some noodles which I wouldn't recommend it because they eventually sucked up all the delicious broth!

0 likes

This stuff is amazing for a grumpy pregnant tummy- I used celery greens instead of peas, didn't have mushrooms, and added a couple cubes of marinated tofu. Amazing.

0 likes

this is delicious!
subbed portabellas for shitake added in tofu

0 likes

All I could find was red miso paste.  Will this work?  is there a difference?

The darker the miso, the stronger and saltier the flavour.

0 likes

yep! it doesn't specify what color to use in the recipe anyways... i think the red is a bit more savory than the white... get your miso on :)

0 likes

0 likes

Hi, what a great recipe! I didnt have soy sauce so I used tamari, 3 tbsp instead of 4 and it was about as salty as I would like it. Edamames instead of peas and cubed tofu added with the broccolli. thanks!

0 likes

I'm a little confused by the garlic being put down twice in the recipe...? 6-8 cloves and then later it says a teaspoon. Am i missing something? Am i adding 6-8 cloves PLUS one teaspoon? or is that teaspoon amount a typo?
I'm about to make this so maybe i'll just do the 6-8 cloves.....

0 likes

Pages