What you need: 

2/3 cup shredded carrot
2/3 cup diced celery
1 medium potato, shredded
2 tablespoons diced onion
1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh basil
1 cup ground RAW sunflower seeds (grind in food processor)
Ener-G Egg Replacer for 1 egg
1/4 cup organic ketchup
1 heaping tablespoon nutritional yeast or Brewers yeast
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour, or whole wheat pastry flour, or 1 tablespoon flax meal &
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon canola oil

What you do: 

Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended. Mixture will be wet.
Shape mixture into 9 or 10 patties and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Flatten the patties out if you like them thin & crispy.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, flip them and bake an additional 10-15 minutes on the other side. Cooking time depends on personal taste. (Longer for crispier patties).
I serve these with all natural applesauce, steamed veggies, and 3-grain pilaf. My kids love these!!!

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
9-10
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I loved these, and used sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.

0 likes

my niece loves these! I mix them in with the kid's peanut noodle recipe on here and it really goes well together. These also freeze really well.

0 likes

I loooooooooooovvveee this recipe! I have made it many times and given it to everyone I know. I usually use a sweet potato in place of the "regular" potato and have used several different nuts in place of the sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are best, though. I have baked them on a VERY WELL OILED baking sheet (they can stick), but have the best luck with cooking them until brown on an oiled griddle and popping them in the oven for a few minutes to finish. Thanks for such an awesome recipe!

0 likes

is there anythiing i cn use to replace the yeast? :-[

hmm. if it's just for texture, i'm sure you could use breadcrumbs or wheat germ or something similar that. but for flavor..i dont know.. one tablespoon doesnt seem like it would add a lot flavor-wise, so maybe try the breadcrumbs?

0 likes

is there anythiing i cn use to replace the yeast? :-[

0 likes

This was fantastic!  So quick and easy.  Even my daughter loved them (and trust me, that's saying something... she won't eat *anything*).  Thank you! 

0 likes

These were really great, I halved the recipe and ate all 5 little patties in record time. They're a lot like latkes, except because they're baked they're healthier and there's no impossibly dirty pan left to scrub. I will be making them again very soon!

0 likes