1/3 cup margarine, softened
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
egg substitute for 1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

What you do: 

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease Cookie Sheets. Sift flour, Baking Powder, and Salt. Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, Cream together the margarine and Brown Sugar. Mix in the egg substitute, Bananas, and Vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well blended. Fold in the Chocolate Chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3) Bake for about 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
ENJOY!

Preparation Time: 
Approx. 20 min
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

my boyfriend and I might eat the whole batch tonight. these are amazing. they are lighter than a regular cookie, which make them quite delectable.

I'm saving this recipe for sure, and next time I'm adding peanut butter.

mm!

0 likes

i used the flax seed for the egg replacer.

0 likes

I've been trying to make the perfect ice cream sandwich, when I saw this recipe and the reviews these seemed like they would definitely work...... and they did! I made the muffinyesc cookie let them cool then added a vegan peanut butter ice cream and rolled the outside in crushed walnuts and put them in the freezer for a couple hours. I just got an ice cream maker, but if you don't have one you can put vanilla soy ice cream in a food processor with a couple tablespoons of PB and it works. Thanks for helping me get one step closer to my perfect ice cream sandwich.

0 likes

sara,

What egg replacer did you use? If you used the baking powder one, it could be too much baking powder, giving them the 'bread/muffin'esque  qualities.

0 likes

I'm a little disappointed :-\  I fallowed the recipe exactly and i ended up with cakey spongy ''cookies" that didn't taste like cookies at all,they were more like white bread circles with bananas and chocolate chips. they tasted good but just not the cookie i was looking for. i went over the recipe a million times trying to figure out where i went wrong but i did everything EXACTLY like the recipe said. is that how they were suppose to come out?

0 likes

Just finished making these and they are awesome!    ;)b  Very decadent, yummy cookies. I used flax and warm water for the egg replacer and also I added about a third cup of peanut butter.  My yound 12 year old vegan son had just eaten almost a whole loaf of the banana bread I made and when these were done I took him one. A few minutes later he comes back asking where the cookies are and gets 3 more. I have to watch him or we will not have any treats for the holiday!      :)

Wow, the peanut butter made it even more better! I just made a batch of these and my roommate came back for 2nds...then 3rds....and 4ths.  :o :'( Ha, better make some more. Perfect combo of yummy goodness without being too sweet!

Paz

0 likes

They were okay.  Not sweet enough for the non-vegans that I tried to serve them to. 

0 likes

I used half whoe wheat flour for these cookies and they came out more like muffins! WHY?

0 likes

Verrrry easy and delicious.......my only disappointment was how few I got to eat before the rest of the household finished them off.

0 likes

Just finished making these and they are awesome!    ;)b  Very decadent, yummy cookies. I used flax and warm water for the egg replacer and also I added about a third cup of peanut butter.  My yound 12 year old vegan son had just eaten almost a whole loaf of the banana bread I made and when these were done I took him one. A few minutes later he comes back asking where the cookies are and gets 3 more. I have to watch him or we will not have any treats for the holiday!      :)

0 likes

Pages