You are here

Member since April 2003

Amazing Creamy Chick'ny Sauce for Anything!

What you need: 

1 cup water
1 cup soy milk
3 tablespoons soy margarine (Earth Balance is best)
1 handful of sliced baby portobellos
a few shakes chipotle seasoning
a few shakes of dried minced onions (I bet fresh would be better, but it's still great with dried!)
quick-mixing flour, just enough to thicken
nutritional yeast
cubes of vegan chicken flavored bullion cubes - generic store brands tend to be vegan, check your local store

What you do: 

I created this last night and it was the best sauce I ever made.
Put the water, soy milk, soy margarine, three cubes of bullion and mushrooms in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then lower heat to simmering.
Add the dried minced onion and chipotle seasoning to taste- try small increments and taste test to get desired spice. Once the flavor is to your liking, add flour or quick-mixing flour a little bit of a time and whisk in. Let a minute or two pass between adding bits of flour, and only add enough so that the sauce is a little runnier than you want the end result to be.
Next, add a bunch of nutritional yeast (I use Red Star and just sort of dump a bunch in- maybe it's 1/4cup?) and whisk in.
Remove from heat, let cool, and voila! This is the sort of yummy sauce you'll want to put on everything. I put it on orzo as a side dish initially, but my boyfriend and I ended up using it as a gravy on the asparagus and fake chicken in the same meal, too! Truly fabulous. Enjoy!

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This sauce is wonderful. I've made it 5 times already and although I've never added chipotle sauce (we never have chipotle sauce) I just can't get enough. Thanks for sharing!

0 likes

Very yummy sauce, just what I was craving tonight!  I ended up sauteeing the sliced mushrooms with minced fresh onions and garlic before mixing into the sauce ... served it over pan-fried polenta slices and I swear, I could have eaten the whole thing myself, but decided to be kind and shared  with my partner; he loved it too ... Blessings to you, avianrights, this sauce is going in my "special" cookbook!    peace ... dazzle

0 likes

This was really good.  We had some White Wave Brand Chicken-Style Seitan and cooked onions left over from making Chickless Fajitas that we added.  I also didn't have any chipotle seasonings so I put in a bit of Mexican hot sauce.  We had it as a spaghetti sauce but it would be a good gravy for lots of other things.  Yummy!

That sounds great... I seriously put this on everything. Not necessarily the healthiest thing, but it sure is yummy!!

0 likes

This was really good.  We had some White Wave Brand Chicken-Style Seitan and cooked onions left over from making Chickless Fajitas that we added.  I also didn't have any chipotle seasonings so I put in a bit of Mexican hot sauce.  We had it as a spaghetti sauce but it would be a good gravy for lots of other things.  Yummy!

0 likes