Peanut Butter Carob Breakfast Bread

What you need: 

2 cups unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 tablespoons baking powder
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup carob powder
plain soy milk (or vanilla if you prefer)

What you do: 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Then melt the peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds to make it easier to mix.
Add the soymilk to the dry ingredients. Add enough to moisten the batter. I pretty much just used my own judgment here.
Last, stir in the peanut butter.
Pour batter in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clear.

Preparation Time: 
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
12-14

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Found this recipe great - I changed a few things
I put 1/2 C. of White sugar and 1/4 C.  of Light brown sugar and it was plenty sweet for me.
I also found that I only had about 2 T. of Peanut butter left so I added that along with 2 T. of Oil and a banana.
And I also added a pinch of salt.
I baked these as muffins instead of bread.
Delicious!  ;)b

0 likes

I also modified this recipe to make muffins instead of a bread and I topped them with a peanut-carob-banana spread.  Fabulous! 

0 likes

I just made a fresh batch to take into my doctor's office this morning. I made them as muffins, though. Thankfully, I got an odd 25 so I was able to sample one. I LOVED it. I made some modifications, as I always do:

~I used a self-rising fllour blend
~I split the sugar- half sucanat, half brown sugar
~I used Silk Nog for the soy milk
~I also added some apple sauce

I love the texture. And as already stated in the first review, very filling. I will definately be making these again. There are so many different things I Can do with this recipe  ^-^

0 likes

This was so delicious! It was really easy to make, and it is very filling!

0 likes