You are here

Member since April 2003

Chocolate Tofu Pudding

What you need: 

3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup nondairy milk
1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and chopped
3 tablespoons high quality cocoa powder
3 tablespoons liquid sweetener (flavored syrup or maple syrup work really well)

What you do: 

1. Add a few tablespoons milk in a blender and add a little bit of tofu, cocoa powder, and syrup.
2. Blend on puree setting. Continue doing this until all ingredients are well blended, adding milk as needed.
3. Chill covered in the fridge. Can last up to about a week, but water may form on top; just mix it in.
Tastes really good over graham crackers and sliced bananas in a bowl. What an easy way to get some protein in your diet!! Add a little vegan whipped topping, amazing!

Preparation Time: 
10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I deviated a good bit. I did a full block of tofu and just put in chocolate soy with some vanilla extract and a few table spoons of apple sauce. I never have sweetener on me because I'm a health nut, but this was delicious the way it was. I ate the whole thing before lunch. :/ Maybe i'll wait a while. hehe Thanks! More people should rely on tofu for pudding.

0 likes

That was absolutely amazing...  :)>>>

I changed it around a bit, (choco-holic that I am), and used half a block tofu, two tablespoons vanilla soymilk, three tbs cocoa, and 2 tbs chocolate syrup for the sweetener. Perfect!!

0 likes

This was pretty good. A quick fix for a chocolate craving. I used half a block of light silken tofu, added a pinch of cinnamon and vanilla extract, and a little bit of maple syrup.

0 likes

I couldn't seem to get this sweet enough at first. But soon enough I figured it all out and it was AMAZING. I added half a banana to it and it's officially one of my favorite recipes on this site.  :)

0 likes

I had this for... um.... breakast this morning. Decadent, I know.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly, and kind of threw it all together as I thought of it. But it was so yummy! I used half a package of soft tofu, 1 T. cocoa, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and a splash of water. Blenderized and wonderful! I think next time, I'll use MORE cocoa, as the recipe calls for.

0 likes

holy cow!  this was awesome!!  my 2 year old devoured it!!!  thanx!! :D

0 likes

So amazingly easy and fabulous!  I added extra cocoa powder (about 5 Tbs) because I love dark chocolate...and I used soy creamer for the liquid.  Cured my lazy chocolate craving!

0 likes

I used pure maple syrup and whipped this up in my magic bullet using the whipping blade. It made a mousse like desert that was quick and rich. Thanks :)

0 likes

My dear you are so wonderful! My carnivore husband ate this, complained at the first bite but then it began to grow on him!! He actually admitted that it's just a question of getting used to the taste of uncooked tofu...and that it really isn't all that bad! You just may have a convert on your hands, in about 5 yrs time! :-*

hhehe! thanxs alot! ;D

0 likes

My dear you are so wonderful! My carnivore husband ate this, complained at the first bite but then it began to grow on him!! He actually admitted that it's just a question of getting used to the taste of uncooked tofu...and that it really isn't all that bad! You just may have a convert on your hands, in about 5 yrs time! :-*

0 likes

Pages