2 stalks celery, chopped
1 or 2 pickles, diced (sweet or dill)
1 cup vegan mayo
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper, to taste
sprinkle paprika

What you do: 

1. Boil potatoes for about 25 minutes, or until soft. Drain and let them cool for a few minutes.
2. Cut potatoes into small cubes, and put them in the fridge for about an hour to cool off some more.
3. When potatoes are cool, place in a bowl or dish, and stir in the onions, celery, pickles, mayo, mustards, salt and pepper. Sprinkle paprika on top.

Preparation Time: 
a couple hours
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I just made this and it is wonderful! I left out the celery though as it is one of the few veggies I detest!  :-D

0 likes

This potato salad is so YUM!  I usually don't really like pickles at all, but I added them anyway and they added just the right zing to it!  I substituted green onions for regular onions for a bit more of a subtle taste.  I want to try this with my homemade mayo recipe next time.

0 likes

Excellent, excellent recipe!  I followed everything exactly-- adding about 1 Tbsp of salt, no pepper, just a sprinkling of paprika.  I and everyone at the bbq loved it!

0 likes

Update:

I took this to a party over the weekend.  I barely got to eat any because it was nearly devoured before I got to it.  Everyone loved it!  Two of my friends even asked for the recipe!

0 likes

This is great!  I added a chopped green pepper, about a tsp of dill, and some garlic.

0 likes

So Yummy!  I cubed the potatoes before boiling them - it's quicker.  Also, used dill relish and...just thought i'd try it and it's good - threw some Bacuns on top.

0 likes

great recipe! I haven't potato salad since I became vegan. This was a treat!

0 likes

Yum :) All I could find were sliced bread and butter pickles, so I wasn't sure how much to put in. I haven't had potato salad in years, so this was a nice treat! It could have used a bit more flavor, so I'll make some additions next time. Thanks!

0 likes

Awesome!!

0 likes

yum! this was very good. i used wildwood garlic aioli for the mayo, used red onion, and added some lemon, otherwise followed the recipe but didn't measure anything. really similar to what my mom made when  I was kid, so I was happy. :) Thanks!

0 likes

Pages