You are here

Member since April 2003

Super Happy Chocolate Cookies

What you need: 

1/4 cup margarine
1 tablespoon oil
2/3 cup sweetener (1/3C Sucanat, 1/3C sugar worked great for me!)
1 egg substitute (flaxseed is super)
1/2 teaspoon Mapleine (ran out of vanilla, this worked well)
1 cup of your preferred flour
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 massive heaping spoon of peanut butter
milk as needed

What you do: 

This is my version of theadventuregirls Awesome Chocolate Cookies which are awesome!
Preheat over to 350F.
Mix margarine, oil, and sweetener together until creamy. Add the extract you feel fits and the egg placer.
To lessen dirty dishes, put all dry ingredients on top of wet ones, stir them without getting the wet ingredients mixed in to much, and then stir all together.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes. I take mine out early, while the middle is still a little gooey, and smoosh with.. anything.. they like to rise and look cakey.
They don’t taste cakey. Dont panic.
The dough turned out kind of dry for me, so I microwaved all of it to get the ingredients to melt and be slightly more moist. If it is still to dry and not a sticky, yummy, moist dough, add some of whatever milk you use..
Fun cookie to mess around the ingredients with. Add more or less peanut butter as you desire. Have fun!

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
15-20
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

i havent tried this recipe yet, but just to put in my two cents, if you wanna do the dishes the secret to the best cookies is  thoroughly mixing the dry ingredients to the wet mix

i'll be sure to try this one soon thanks :D

0 likes

These are great! I will need to be careful not to eat them all.  I doubled the recipe and used 2t baking powder and 1/2t baking soda.  I am so happy to have a great recipe!!  I am looking forward to adding coconut. Thank you.

0 likes

These are sooo good! I've made them twice now. I use whole wheat flour, vanilla as the extract, soy milk and use corn starch as the "egg" replacement.

For the sweetner, I used brown sugar the first time - it was good. This last time I used molasses to sweeten them (I've decided to stop cooking with refined sugars), and it was super good as well. I just added as much molasses as you would sugar. When you use molasses you need much less milk at the end.

I also threw in some seeds and raisins.

The end result are soft, super moist cookies that are sooo good!

0 likes

OH
And instead of mixing sweetner and sugar, i just mixed brown sugar and white sugar.  That works really well too. ^-^

0 likes

These are awesommmmmme.  I was low on oats, so I reduced the flour by about a fourth of a cup and replaced it with the oats.  Then I added Cocoa Crispies in their place to keep the chewy/crispy thing going.  I also had a problem with dryness.  Definately add PLENTY of rice/soy milk.  Great great recipe.  I'll for sure use this again. ;D

0 likes