What you need: 

3 large bananas, mashed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

What you do: 

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the mashed bananas and olive oil in a large bowl.
2. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Remove and let cool for at least 15 minutes.

Preparation Time: 
60 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was wonderful! I overcooked it a smidge, but even then the inner bread was smooth, moist and flavorful. Thanks so much for the recipe! It's a keeper :)

0 likes

I made this 2x since finding this recipe just last week. It tastes wonderful. I used applesauce (100ml) instead of oil (plus it adds a bit extra liquids) plus I added a teaspoon of cinnamon. The second time I even added 2 scoops of protein powder to make them a little higher in nutrition and I also used splenda to cut calories. Mine made 12 servings and ranged from 95-105 calories. Love this recipe as a base for experimenting!!!

0 likes

I should clarify that I used 1 1/2 c. of spelt flour and 1/2 c. of bran.

0 likes

I just finished eating a slice and it is really, really delicious! i did make some changes: 1/2 c. of maple syrup instead of sugar, added a little cinnamon, roasted walnut oil instead of olive, and I used 1/2 c. of raw bran and used spelt flour instead of whole wheat. It's moist, sweet and delicious.

0 likes

This banana bread was good, but a bit dense.  I added some soy milk and chocolate chips  :) .  I will make this again, but I think I will bake it at a lower heat and I will definitely put in the chocolate chips!  My boys ate this up!

0 likes

I was so impressed with this. It was my first time making banana bread, and I cant believe how well it turned out! I too made muffins with it and added walnuts and about an 1/8 cup of flax seeds. I used half a cup of molasses in place of the sugar, and 1/4 cup rice milk to make it easier to scoop into the muffin pan. Easy, delicious, and quickly consumed by my roommates. :)>>>

0 likes

This was really, really, really good. I've made it a couple of times, and always a success! I only used 1/2 cup sugar and it's still sweet and wonderful, one tbsp oil, and I did add some soymilk - about 1/4 cup-1/2 a cup. Yum.

0 likes

This is a great way to use up dumpstered bananas!  I made the following alterations:  1/2 cup of agave instead of sugar, and add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.  Very tasty!

0 likes

Wow! I was super impressed with this recipe. I can't believe so few ingredients could make such a moist, fantastic bread. I find that substituting the sugar with 1/2 cup maple syrup gives it a nice, easy texture to work with. I added some cinnamon and it was perfect. This is my kind of recipe, simple, easy, and delicious!  Thank You!:)

0 likes

I have made this a few times and am still amazed how something this easy can be this good... I have added chocolate chips each time, but thanks applelover - my husband is freaking out since I added the cinamon.  He loves cinamon and I never thought to add it to banana bread...

peace

0 likes

Pages