Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

What you need: 

3 cups soy milk
2 1/2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 bananas
1 1/2-2 cups of peanut butter
a few ice cubes

What you do: 

Throw it all into a blender and think you are in HEAVEN.
Not to mention its actually good for you!
You can pretty much eyeball the measurements if you want to make less/more. I typically like more peanut butter than the average Joe, too.
You can use chocolate soy milk in place of the two separately also.

Preparation Time: 
two minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
2-3
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

#2:  It was just about right for my tastebuds with just a teaspoonful of pb! 

0 likes

The recipe says this serves 2-3 people, so you wouldn't actually be drinking all the peanut butter yourself.  If you used 1 1/2 cups and divided it between three people, you'd be getting about 1/2 a cup.  If you want a peanut butter smoothie, why complain about peanut butter being the main ingredient?

Seriously! And peanut butter isn't bad for you or your waistline, either. Everything in moderation. Fats that come from things like (natural) peanut butter and avocado keep your nails and hair strong and are excellent for quick bursts of energy and keeping you full for long periods of time.

I have to disagree - and I am a big-time peanut butter lover. A half-cup is way too much! Yes, I know peanut butter has good fats, but a half-cup is NOT moderation. 2-4 Tbsp, in my opinion, is moderation. Half a cup of peanut butter has about 800 calories and 64 grams of fat. If you plan on eating NO more fat that day, and you'd like to get in half your day's calories in one go, then I guess you'd be fine. But for most people, this is more of a dessert. Besides, I think it comes down to the fact that you don't even need a half-cup per serving to get the full peanut butter flavor, so why not save the extra fat and calories for something else?

Well I don't think this smoothie is intended for daily consumption anyway, which is what I mean by moderation. But 4 Tbsps is 1/4 cup, and the serving is 1/2 cup of peanut butter so while this obviously is not a low-CALORIE food, calories are energy and I don't think a moderately-active person consuming this smoothie would suffer from some extra protein and fat in their diet.

0 likes

The recipe says this serves 2-3 people, so you wouldn't actually be drinking all the peanut butter yourself.  If you used 1 1/2 cups and divided it between three people, you'd be getting about 1/2 a cup.  If you want a peanut butter smoothie, why complain about peanut butter being the main ingredient?

Seriously! And peanut butter isn't bad for you or your waistline, either. Everything in moderation. Fats that come from things like (natural) peanut butter and avocado keep your nails and hair strong and are excellent for quick bursts of energy and keeping you full for long periods of time.

I have to disagree - and I am a big-time peanut butter lover. A half-cup is way too much! Yes, I know peanut butter has good fats, but a half-cup is NOT moderation. 2-4 Tbsp, in my opinion, is moderation. Half a cup of peanut butter has about 800 calories and 64 grams of fat. If you plan on eating NO more fat that day, and you'd like to get in half your day's calories in one go, then I guess you'd be fine. But for most people, this is more of a dessert. Besides, I think it comes down to the fact that you don't even need a half-cup per serving to get the full peanut butter flavor, so why not save the extra fat and calories for something else?

0 likes

0 likes

"Not to mention its actually good for you!"
:o
No offense, but drinking half a jar of peanut butter is not good for you.

No, it's not necessarily BAD for you...just not good for your waistline.  But hey, if peanut butter makes ya happy, who cares?

0 likes

Made this yummy stuff for one this morning (albeit without the choc syrup and with some dates), it was good, very nutty and I only added a dessertspoon of PB.

0 likes

hhahahah.. i seriousely have a cramp in my side and a total case of the giggles after reading these reviews.

here's my recipe for a pb smoothie:

open a jar of peanut butter

insert straw

delish!

omg. me too. i was just BURSTING up laughing and then i saw your post and just had to agree with you. kbye.

0 likes

I make a similar smoothie, but i also like to add the silken tofu as is mentioned in some earlier reviews, and i like to add some ground flaxseeds for an extra nutty taste and a few omega-3s.

MY favorite smoothie ever!
a close second is the silken tofu, ground flaxseeds, ice, soymilk, a little bit of peanut butter, chocolate ssyrup, and about 4 newman's own oreos..its like a oreo shake...but for breakfast!!

0 likes

hhahahah.. i seriousely have a cramp in my side and a total case of the giggles after reading these reviews.

insert straw

delish!

;D ;D ;D

Oh my goodness... 2 cups... wow... I mean peanut butter has good fats in them but for only 2-3 servings???

Oh and propinecone I <3 your sense of humor!!!

0 likes

insert straw

delish!

0 likes

Pages