Member since April 2003

Miso Baked Tofu

What you need: 

2 thick slices firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoons miso paste
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin, rice cooking wine

What you do: 

Mix Miso paste with soy sauce and mirin until a smooth thick sauce. Add tofu cubes and carefully toss to coat them. Allow to sit for a few minutes, or overnight if having for breakfast. Place cubes in small baking dish, spoon extra sauce on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Best served with rice. Excellent Bento style packed lunch filling.

Preparation Time: 
15 mins
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

This was very good.  I minced 3 green onions and rolled the pasty tofu around in that and toasted sesame seeds before baking. 

Following advice from above I froze my tofu ahead of time and let it marinate for a few hours before baking. The flavor really penetrated the tofu.

0 likes

This is really good!  The only suggestions I would make is to use tofu that has been frozen/thawed for a more "meaty" texture and to let the tofu marinade for a while so it can really absorb the flavors.  It does come out a bit salty, but in a good way.

0 likes

This is pretty good. I used rice wine vinegar instead of mirin, added a pinch of sugar, and didn't measure. I used a big block of tofu, so my marinade turned out a bit salty. I baked at about 425.

0 likes

Yum! Perfect with rice, made this last night and the family couldn't get enough! Delish!

0 likes