2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-2 small red chillies, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon paprika
750g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 litre vegan or vegetarian beef-flavoured stock
salt & cracked black pepper
dried chilli flakes, to garnish

What you do: 

Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and fry the onion for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, chilli and paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until aromatic, then add the sweet potato to the pan and toss to cover with the spices.
Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender or food processor and blend (in batches, if necessary) until smooth. Add extra water if needed to reach the desired consistency, but do not overblend or the mixture will become gluey. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper.
This soup can be served immediately, ladled into bowls and garnishe'd with a few dried chilli flakes. Alternatively, leave it to set on the stove, then gently re-heat when needed: this will allow the flavours time to combine (and will really bring out the heat!).

Preparation Time: 
30 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
4-6
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

hey this sounds yummy and i want to make it but i'm not sure how big a 750g sweet potato is. i know it's a silly question and my guess would be to just use a large potato but...is that enough? also, i was wondering to make it less gluey, you could maybe soak the cubes in cold water for 20-30 minutes prior to cooking. it gets rid of alot of the starch.

0 likes