2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
vegetable oil

What you do: 

1. Coarsely mash beans with a fork. Combine beans and next 7 ingredients (through salt). Shape into 8 patties.
2. Stir together flour and cornmeal and dredge patties in mixture.
3. Cook patties in hot oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until each side is lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.

Preparation Time: 
15 minutes
Cooking Time: 
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

I made these last night and they were a hit. My partner is omni and she L O V E D them. I used quick oats instead of regular oats and they turned out just fine. I added way too much onion though lol... Made exactly 8 burgers. Will be using this recipe again and again! Thanks!

0 likes

This is our go-to veggie burger recipe! We make it as is, and it is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

0 likes

Im not a big fan of veggie burgers so this was a great alternative and it turned out fantastic. Laughing I did not find this spicy at all so I will add some red pepper flakes next time I make it.

0 likes

YUM!! I didn't have any cilantro (so I used dried Italian seasoning) and I had no applesauce (used vegetable oil). These turned out wonderfully. I had no issues with them falling apart or anything. I served them with tomato, basil, habanero hot sauce, and mustard on garden herb sourdough rolls (sourdoughlady.com) <-- seriously the BEST! Only a few vegan friendly items but well worth it.

0 likes

Wallet friendly, vegan friendly, tummy and tastebud friendly, time friendly... this is just the friendliest damn recipe on vegweb, hands down. I'd give this a million stars if I could!

0 likes

It had been a year since I made these, but I just wanted to say I LOVE how forgiving they are in the pan-- if a piece falls off, you can stick it right back together. Very tasty with provolone flavored slices of "cheese".

0 likes

Gotta love this receipe! It's a lovely basis for your own specialized creation  :) I added pickled jalapenos and carrots, corn and green onion. It was delious. Made plenty and I'm happy to freeze the left overs. Thanks for sharing!

0 likes

I hate to say this, but these burgers were not a good use of my black beans! Although the taste was amazing (I topped them with guacamole), the texture was terrible and they fell apart all over the place. I was really disappointed. I cut the recipe in half and made 4 burgers, but other than that I changed nothing. Sad face. :(

0 likes

My first veggie..well..i guess not veggie burger...non meat burger - that is home made.  Had a veggie burger once at a cafe or something...blah.  I will make these again for sure!! They were very, very good.  And it makes alot...but really...how much healthier can you get?  I'm sure eating 3 equals 1 greasy hamburger. (btw...i'm not a vegetarian by any means...but...I do try to get all veggie recipes into my diet.  I'd add much more jalapena peppers...love the heat.  They were a little dry...but, VERY GOOD. I'm THRILLED at my home made bean burger ;D

0 likes

I'll try it! Thank you so much!  :-*

0 likes

Pages