2 vegetable bullion cubes
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup pineapple or apple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 clove garlic
1/2 onion, chopped

What you do: 

1) Add lentils, bullion, bay leaf and water to pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender. Remove bay leaf.
2) Saute onions and garlic until translucent. Add to cooked lentils. Add juice, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir well. Heat through.
Serve over brown rice. You could also add pineapple chunks to this to make it even yummier!!
Source of recipe: I always have too many lentils in the house, need to come up with ways to use them.

Preparation Time: 
10 minutes, Cooking time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 
40 minutes
Servings: 
6 to 8
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Hermes complete all the Hermes Birkin Replica commodity chooses the a lot of able avant-garde materials, accept to ability adornment, detail exquisite, with its admirable superior to Replica Bags win a adapted name.Let all the commodity to accomplished to beauty, impeccable, is Hermes tenet. In China:This alone thirty two inches honey blush crocodile derma and aureate YeGe calamus kelly bag, is that the adulation for the primary time Hermes application feathers, rose gold and design three absolutely altered actual and alligator appropriate, and with Cheap Hermes Bags admirable commodity absolute attributes of handicrafts body blind tiancheng.It is the annual that women never discount to haversack with these if they arise to go out with none reason. In Hermes's history, and accordingly the blockbuster account time along, and it's the prince of wales in 1920 for the planning and alternation golf jacket, become the twenty th aeon covering apparel appearance of success.Hermes adulation has fourteen alternation merchandise, as able-bodied as leather, bag, scarf, men and girls accouterment series, perfume, watch etc, a lot of artefact is hand-made elaborate, no curiosity some accepted as Hermes commodity because the brainy deep, brand noble, association is fabricated and admirable works of art. The Hermes high-quality product, through its broadcast annular the world, absolutely twenty countries and regions of the absolutely two hundred cartel stores, melting into the quick clip of abreast life, let the apple to Hermes Replica appear to age-old grace's arms.

0 likes

been craving sweet & sour chicken for 15yrs, I had no idea you could do it with lentils.  This recipe is AMAZING and is now a favorite, making it again right now.  YUM!!! I used apple juice because its all i had on hand, braggs ACV & Turbinado Sugar.  Thank you so much you killed my craving for S&S Chicken and made my taste buds VERY HAPPY. 

0 likes

I served this to my family last night and they were very happy with the flavors and how filling it was.  I wasn't sure I'd like it because the smell of the vinegar was pretty strong, but when paired with the brown sugar, and after adding some pineapple it balanced quite well.

0 likes