Vegan Scrambled 'Eggs'

What you need: 

splash vegetable oil
1/4 medium onion, grated or finely diced
8 ounces tofu, crumbled
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt and pepper, to taste

What you do: 

1. Heat a skillet with oil and add onion, heating over low heat.
2. Add crumbled tofu to skillet and sprinkle with turmeric, stirring to mix and make the tofu evenly yellow.
3. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for about 5 more minutes, or until heated though. Enjoy!
I gave my 10 month old son some and he loved it. Actually, he ended up stealing half of it, but at least it doesn't take too long to do, so I could whip more up quickly enough!
Source of recipe: I remember seeing a recipe similar to this one, but forgot it, so made it up as I went along, and made it a little easier I hope.

Preparation Time: 
A minute or two, Cooking time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 
5 minutes
Servings: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

:-\Way too much tumeric for my taste. I will try this again though, cutting way back on the turmeric and adding fresh herbs.

0 likes

omm nomm nomm!!!! I doubled the amount of tofu and added 2 tbs of Braggs and a sprinkle of cumin. It was soooo good!!!! my new favorite breakfast food. Thank you! :)>>>

0 likes

I added some Dijon mustard to my tumeric powder. Amazing with ketchup and a splash of oil for greasy-ness.

0 likes

This wasn't bad...  I made it with a little onion, but I must have added too much tumeric. Next time I would add peppers and maybe scallions and mushrooms.... It's a good start, but needs stuff added for my taste.  It was good with ketchup.  :-\

0 likes

I spruced this up a bit by cookin gup some onions and mushrooms,a dn then adding the tofu, etc to that. Next time I'll probably add even more veggies - potatoes would be great in this. But great first take on a vegan scramble! Thanks!

0 likes

Amazing!  ;) I made an omelette using red onions, chives, zucchini and red bell peppers.
They look just like scrambled eggs with a consistency not too far off.
Vegan cheese would have topped this off perfectly!

0 likes

This seems good! It easy! thanks for this recipe!  :)>>>

0 likes

This seems good!
Is there shredded tofu readily availably or do I have to shredd it myself?

The tofu is not shredded in this recipe it is crumbled... Just crumble the patty of tofu with your hands.

0 likes

This seems good!
Is there shredded tofu readily availably or do I have to shredd it myself?

0 likes

Very easy and very fast... thanks for this recipe!  :)

0 likes