2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup blueberries, rinsed
oil for the pan

What you do: 

1. In a medium-size bow, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add coconut milk and oil, mixing until combined. Carefully fold in blueberries.
2. Spray a small frying pan with oil and preheat over medium-low heat. Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter into the pan and spread into a 5″ circle. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned. Flip over and cook an additional 1 minute or so on the other side. Once the pancake is golden brown, remove from pan and place on a plate. Repeat with remainder of batter until all has been used.
Half & Half Pancakes: prepare as above except use 1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 cup whole wheat flour.
Source of recipe: I came up with this recipe because I've found that coconut milk makes nice, moist quick breads. So why not combine blueberries and coconut? The result is light, fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth pancakes.

Preparation Time: 
5 minutes, Cooking time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 
25 minutes
Servings: 
Recipe Category: 

SO HOW'D IT GO?

Those looks AWESOME!

0 likes

Easy to make and easily serves two. They were delicious enough that I didn't add anything to sweeten it. I might experiment and try to cut back on the oil to make it a more healthy in the future.

Thanks for this.

Hey there Spiltvegan, glad you liked them! Let me know how they are with less oil!

0 likes

Easy to make and easily serves two. They were delicious enough that I didn't add anything to sweeten it. I might experiment and try to cut back on the oil to make it a more healthy in the future.

Thanks for this.

0 likes

This was a really great recipe. Although next time I will need to add maybe some agave like mentioned above, or sugar. Something to sweeten them up just a touch. Very delicious play of flavours, and I will definatly make this scrumptious recipe again!  :)

Great, glad you liked them!

0 likes

This was a really great recipe. Although next time I will need to add maybe some agave like mentioned above, or sugar. Something to sweeten them up just a touch. Very delicious play of flavours, and I will definatly make this scrumptious recipe again!  :)

0 likes

Warning: don't use frozen berries like this dummy did.  The batter was so fluffy I couldn't spread it.  As a result the pancakes were so thick they took forever to cook all the way through.  I think had I used fresh berries, the juice would have tamed it a bit.  Even tho I messed up, these were super good. Will try again and follow the instructions:)

0 likes

Great recipe. Just made them in the morning for breakfast.  :)>>>
Now i'm just hoping to make it again for someone i miss who has went abroad.  :'(
Thanks for the beautiful invention.

Aww, so glad you liked them! I hope you'll be able to make them for your friend soon.

0 likes

Great recipe. Just made them in the morning for breakfast.  :)>>>
Now i'm just hoping to make it again for someone i miss who has went abroad.  :'(
Thanks for the beautiful invention.

0 likes

Just made these. RIDICULOUS!!!  By far the best pancake I ever had
(I did add agave tho to sweeten it a bit)

Thank you, maloxxa! Agave sounds like a great addition.  ;)b

0 likes

Just made these. RIDICULOUS!!!  By far the best pancake I ever had
(I did add agave tho to sweeten it a bit)

0 likes

Pages