Yo, Vegweb, it's gift exchange time! ALL PACKAGES SHOULD BE POSTED!
It seems it's that time again...
Post in this thread if you're keen on participating in a gift exchange with your fellow vegwebbers.
Theme/dates to be decided - any ideas welcome.
Standard guidelines apply - don't ask to participate if you have fewer than 1,000 posts or have not been actively posting on the forums for at least six months. Stick around, get to know people a bit more, and join in next time.
special one-way exchange:
*GENERAL EXCHANGE GUIDELINES*
1. You must have been active on the forums for at least 6 months OR have 1,000 posts. If you've been here a while you're more likely to send out your package.
2. Don't flake on your partner, just like you wouldn't want your partner to flake on you. If you're unsure whether you'll have time/money to get a package together, don't sign up.
3. Bring it! Don't send out something crappy!
4. Homemade and/or store bought goodies are welcome.
5. This is an ALL VEGAN exchange.
You should do it like this:
Perfect, thank you! And jerky is awesome! :)
My previous thing was no longer appropriate, so I just ordered my first 2 things! :D
I FOR ONE LIKE JERKY
my person is slightly awesome.
ok, I lied, totally awsome
i haven't tried vegan jerky so i don't have an opinion...
i have a few questions:
what is your favorite cuisine to eat? what about to cook?
what kitchen gadgets would you like?
hmmmm something like biscuit cutters or cookie cutters or somethin cute
what is your favorite cuisine to eat? Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Italian, Indian
what about to cook? the same! I'm open to anything.
what kitchen gadgets would you like? skinny serving spatula, mixing spatulas, kitchen scale?, liquid measuring cups, spider skimmer, rice cooker, vitamix
I guess I should also mention that I don't want a ton of soy products. I do still eat some, but I try to stay away from it due to a sensitivity. It's not at all eliminated from my diet, and I do still like to try new products, though.
AC does not have a rice cooker.
No, you did not hallucinate that sentence.
stop with your vague answers jerks!
eat: thai, latin/mexican, asian
cook: indian (learning), asian, latin
i don't dig italian much
gadgets: yes for food scale, wooden cooking utensils (good quality), nut milk bad, fine mesh strainer, good knife, small cookie cutters if you can find really cool ones... i will think of more lol
Nov. 5th it is!
(And I still think OWW needs a little somethin, somethin :)
vitamix? if i win the lottery i will send you one! LOL
My answers weren't vague, and did you ask those questions so you could answer yourself?! haha
fb, what?? It's weird to not have a rice cooker?
amy, I'll remember that! I'm waiting on a few people to win the lottery to fulfill promises to me.
oh wait, okay...
Eat: Mexican, Indian
Cook: Soups, Indian food, treats
I love kitchen gadgets, I would like a flour sifter, tart tins/pans, ramekins, an apron, cake decorating stuff.....these are just random ideas that pop to my head, but I am sure I would love anything :)
VAGUE, YOU SAY?
1. EAT: I enjoy Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican/Latin American, and Italian foods. Also anything decadent or spicy or particularly weird. "Thai" could also be expanded to all south Asian foods, really. "Japanese" includes traditional Japanese foods as well as nouvelle Japanese cuisine. Chinese - all regions. Latin American - everything of this food type I've had, ever. Italian - both south/north, toscani/sicilian/what-have-you. "Decadent" is defined as things generally considered indulgent, sweet, fat-laden, well-seasoned, chocolaty, unhealthy. "Spicy" meaning either well-spiced or hot spicy like chiles. Chiles as in the peppers, and not the country (that would be weird). "Weird" meaning things that you've never tried or I've never tried or heard of or unusual flavor combinations or things that sound kind of gross yet intriguing.
2. COOK: See #1. Also, I enjoy baking sweets and bread. I also like a challenge. The one thing I do not probably enjoy cooking, usually because I do not like eating it, is stew. I know, I've tried. Just too meh. Otherwise I like cooking different things. Nothing will be too weird or too much of a hassle. Unless you send me whole wheat berries to mill into flour. That's where I draw the line ;)b
3. GADGETS: a biscuit cutter is like a round cookie cutter with a handle. cookie cutters as in those metal or plastic shape things that you use to cut cookie dough. I don't have too many shapes as is; I do have Halloween ones (but no kitties!), hearts, a bunny, and chick. "Somethin cute" as in something intended to be aesthetically pleasing, colored when it would otherwise not be, girly, kiddish, things with faces that normally have no face.
also, yes, YOU HAVE NO RICE COOKER WHAT. It's so easy. I guess it's one of those appliances that are so easy to do instead on the stovetop, but I figure it's something most people have, whether they cook little ('cause it's easy) or cook a lot ('cause it frees up a burner). YOU ARE WEIRD. WEEEIIIIIRRRRD.
I know you don't have me because if you did you wouldn't have cooking questions, but in the spirit of the exchange:
Eat: Mexican? I eat a lot of raw food (by laziness, not design - and because I don't like many starchy foods), so I don't really know.
Gadgets: All I can think of is one of those plastic bag dryer doohickeys, but that's not really a gadget.
I recently got my first rice cooker when Target had a whole end-cap of clearance $4 rice cookers. A month or so later, I saw them again on a regular shelf at full price. ???
lol, i get the sense that hh doesn't even have a stove. or kitchen.
Eat: Mexican, Indian
Cook: Indian food, treats
Kitchen gadgets are cool. I'm not really sure what I need or could use though....
And my person stinks!! J/K! ;) I'm busy stalking and scheming away over here.
I have a stove. I like to look at it because it's shiny.
In the words of Navin R. Johnson:
And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this vitamix... And this excalibur. - The vitamix and the excalibur and that's all I need... And this water filter. - The Vitamix, the Excalibur, and the water filter, and that's all I need... And these ice cubes, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The vitamix and the excalibur, and the water filter, and the ice for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.
ok FB thank you for your clarifications :) haha
ac, you're a jerk.
when i mean small cookie cutters, i mean maybe dough punches so i can make those cheese crackers in cute shapes on this site... i like hello kitty, stars, dogs, skulls, idk anything cute really.
if u win the lottey ac, can i please have a vitamix? i'll take an excalibur as well <3